|"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31|
Here are the Adoring Family's 6 ways to make healthy eating easy:
1. Clean out your fridge and pantry. The goal here is to eliminate processed foods and refined carbs. If you keep it in the house then you will be tempted. I do not want to you to succumb to temptation during a moment of hungry weakness. Plan healthy meals and snacks. Seek out clean eating recipes on Pinterest and try a few. Purchase fresh foods such as fruit, yogurt, nuts. Try to think of healthy alternatives to your favorite unhealthy snack. If you crave something salty and crunchy, try air popped popcorn. Are you seeking creamy sweetness? Try Greek yogurt sweetened with honey.
2. Take note of how certain foods makes you feel and what they are doing to your body. This trick has given me great success. I love ice cream but it makes me feel sluggish and causes digestive issues. I know that eating ice cream is not going to give me energy. If I see a big bowl of ice cream as a bowl of processed food that will upset my tummy then it is easier to say no thank you. This takes me to my next point...
3. Give your taste buds time to acclimate to "real food". It will take a few days (probably about 4-7) but you will adapt and come to enjoy fresh, healthy food. I was delighted to discover that organic, sprouted bread is more palatable to me than overly processed white bread with cheap ingredients.
4. Be a picky eater! You will still have the opportunity to treat yourself to that delectable slice of flourless chocolate cake as long as you indulge in moderation. Become familiar with the foods you truly love and eat those. I wouldn't buy a pair of ugly shoes just because they are on sale so in the same manner I don't make a habit out of ingesting something I don't truly enjoy.
4. Avoid situations where unhealthy food would beckon you only for the first few weeks of your new diaeta. Eventually you will have the will power to resist but it will be difficult at first so do not even go there. I know this is difficult and if you simply cannot avoid these situations seek the least processed option and avoid sugar. Of course, we do not wish to be rude so if there are no alternatives by all means take part in whatever is served. I would rather wreck my eating habits than offend my host.
6. Hydrate. We drink a lot of H2O around here. In order to up my intake of water I usually add a splash of juice to make it more enjoyable (fresh is best but bottled is fine as long as it is 100% juice). I also enjoy infused water. My suggestion is to try water infused with orange and rosemary or cucumber, lime and mint. My favorite drink of all is sparkling water. I L.O.V.E. Perrier water.
This post has already gotten too long and I need some snuggles from my girl! I have so much I more would like to share so stay tuned...
Grace and peace,
Hip Homeschool Moms.com
Hip Homeschool Moms.com